View Single Post

Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

i have had several!
1] churches should collect donated communion and confirmation outfits for use in the future; only cost to families would be to pay for cleaning after the event.

2] communion and confirmation rehearsals should include photo sessions so that parents do not have to pop up and down to snag pictures of their little darling during a solemn church rite.

3] pta orgs should collect class projects [like the 3rd grade indian long house or the solar system display] and save them for distribution to future students/parents for their use! pta could make a bundle renting out these projects thru the years! sorta like when we went to college and dug thru frat/sorority files to find the term papers/projects/exams that we needed!

but my fave would be to sell "old fashioned n.j. cooking water" and "good old n.j. dirt" - 2 things that jersey natives suffer without when they relocate to other parts of the states/world! back when a friend's uncle used to come back to jersey to visit family and friends he always returned to florida with buckets of 'backyard dirt' so that he could plant his tomatoes [he saved the seeds from his jersey tomatoes from year to year in his old medicine bottles]. and we from jersey know that you can't get italian bread, pizza dough and bagels like the ones from jersey anywhere - cause it's all about the water! after all, why were there so many breweries in newark, nj in the 'old days'? - because of newark water. to my knowledge, the head brew meister for budweiser is still in newark, nj and their other breweries submit their local water samples there in order to get a recipe for adaptation to make it like newark water!