View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
Well, the mortgage company came through on time and it appears I will settle on time.

I used Wachovia/Wells Fargo. John Sherer was the individual I worked with - PM me if you want his number.

However, I can now see the advantage of working with Citizens First Mortgage Company. They guarantee you will close on time - I spent more than a few anxious moments as questions were still coming in right up until the last day. Was this stress worth the difference in the mortgage rates? Now I can say yes - yesterday I may have had a different answer!

One thing I did that I think helped speed the process - I converted all the documents I needed into PDF Files and emailed them - including Tax returns, W2s, Bank statements. I also converted any other documents - Agreement of Sale, etc and stored them all in Google Docs. That way I could get to them from any computer and refer to them quickly if needed.

One problem I encountered - I have income from several pensions. I was able to verify the amount, but they wanted documentation as to the term of the pension. This was one of those last minute questions and I had trouble getting the information quickly.

So, my blood pressure is back to normal - at least for the moment. The next challenge is moving. But I know it will all be worth it when I'm sitting on my lanai with a frozen drink in my hand and watching the sunset.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the mortgage process, I am sure it will be helpful for many of us.

Good luck with the move and enjoying that first frozen drink on your lanai.