View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
A couple of months ago, we had a registration from a farm that grows organic fruits and vegetables. This company wanted to post their products for sale on Talk of The Villages, claiming that because they were organic and it was a co-op of sorts, there should be no charge for advertising. Yet, these products still cost you money, as in US currency.

We offered to sell them advertising, but they declined. So we declined to allow them to post.

Now, I personally and our TOTV email address have begun to receive unsolicited email spam from this outfit, attempting to sell their products. There is only one way they could have gotten my email address, and that's from here.

I am hoping that they didn't, somehow....ahem, harvest email addresses from you folks on TOTV and are now badgering you to buy this stuff. Further I don't want them indicating to anyone that TOTV is associated with their enterprise.

I understand that there are those who prefer organic products, but this is a spamming issue and we don't want anybody to use our members in such a fashion.

JLK
The only such Organic Farm I'm familiar with near TV is on Rte42 very near the intersection of 475 in beautiful downtown Pedro. To the best of my knowledge it's run by two Portugese Brothers, neither of whom speaks a whole lot of English. Don't believe their business depends on retail drive up trade or they would be long gone. I've always assumed that they have Commercial outlets for their Organic Produce. Hard to believe that these guys could have anything to do with the issues described.