View Single Post

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
No matter how much you "rehearse" for a restaurant opening, nothing is like when the doors open to real customers. When my son opens a new location, they always have a night with "friends and family" and invite enough people to stress the staff, both front of the house and the kitchen. Those diners will give feedback that will be used to prepare for the real opening with paying customers. Even then, there will be hiccups. I would never judge a restaurant based on a visit in their first month of opening. I don't think it adequately reflects what you will find later on.

I can understand the feeling that any retail establishment should have things in order when they first open. However, with bills and wages to pay, there is a lot of pressure to open the doors to paying customers as soon as possible. Balancing the need to make a good first impression with the need to pay the rent, etc., is a tightrope act. Let's see what happens down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Well my husband and I have been there several times already. First time yes was disorganized but it was the second day of the "soft" opening. As time goes on I know it will get better. Tried some of the salads they were giving free tastes of and wow they were great! Husband had Meatball sandwich and it was really good. We have had pizza a couple of times now. LOVE the thin crust, sauce on the pizza we had the second time was better than the first time. So close for us and the quality of ingredients was wonderful so fresh! We will keep going back. Given them a few months and I am sure they will be operating more smoothly. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and concerned on how we liked everything.
[quote=rdhdleo;349430]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I think...that Italian is only good as it is interpreted either from your mom or your home town.

How true that is! I lived in Chicago all my life till moving here 8 years ago! Nothing in Florida comes close to the Italian or any ethnic food for that matter that I had back home, very sad. I wait for my visits back home to get Chinese food. The stuff here is garbage. Only good all around Asian food so far is Bamboo Bistro and the place in Colony Country that does tempura.
I am so happy to hear the start-up pains are being rectified. I would always give a restaurant a try to see for myself. IMHO -Chicago deep dish pizza is the best.

Being of Italian descent, my experience is that people of Italian descent tend to be more critical of food in a restaurant as they are used to it being excellent at home. Homemade pasta made from stratch is the best.

I love pasta and it would have to be very, very badly made for me not to enjoy it. Looking forward to trying this restaurant when I am in TV.