View Single Post

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicehelen View Post
I agree - I understand you want to save some money - then buy decent wine & eat at home or get carryout - the wine selection in most places around here is horrible! I am not a wine snob, either, BUT... when we go to Italy, you can get great wines at tiny places for 25 for a whole bottle. Here you get the BAD California, overpriced reds & terrible artificial OAKY whites, which are UNDRINKABLE. But, I guess, if you can get 2 for 1 or pay 4 bucks a glass, it's okay??? I would rather not drink it! I still order cases of wine from a guy I know who owns a wine shop (small, but INCREDIBLE!!!) in Chicago - he can get pretty much anything you want!
AliceHelen,

If you post a reply, it helps if you click the quote button at the bottom right of each post, then others know what post you are responding to. I had a feeling that LV2RDHD would agree with me, but glad to find someone else who thinks that most wines here are better unopened!

k