View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
n/a

Default US going down the tubes

I happen to agree with most of what Bucco has said and thought that I had been refraining from name calling and addressing the misguided policies of Obama. In fact I began a thread entitled "Is America Dying" for that very purpose.

Not only Rev Wright but one group after another that has supported Obama has been thrown under the bus, drug companies, business community, unions, etc. During the 208 campaign a great number of hedge fund comapnies threw their support behind Obama and the Dems. This time around these same hedge fund managers are throwing their support to Repbulicans. I am a Republican but that doesn't mean I blindly follow their platform no more than I would blindly throw my support around a family member I believed was doing something wrong because that's what ehtical and principled people do. This of course is counter to what politicians do.

In my view Obama is not a good leader. He is a good campaigner. And the fact of the matter is people cut him more slack than he has been entitle to.

People laugh at the thought of Donald Trump making a bid for President but I do not. I wlecome it and I tell you why.

Let's begin with the birther issue. Jus to lay a foundation for my reasoning. Trump has only asked for a birth certificate. He reported on Anderson Cooper that the birth certificate is missing. Some asked what is the difference is between a Certificate of Live Birth and a Birth Certificate. The former may explain the State of birth but doesn't go into details such as the location in that State, the time of birth , the attending physician, etc.

I do have a curosity as to why Obama hides so much about his background. However my reason for the birther issue by Trump is to signal that a guy like Trump has the ability to cut through all the political correctness nonsense and get to the heart of the matter. Who else but Trump has the intestinal fortittude to ask that question? Secondly I would just love to see a one on one debate between Trump and Obama. I know in my mind who would win hands down. So essentially the big reason for me to see Trump run is that we would have a real debate because Trump would not be intimitdated when the opposite side attempts to disengage with their political correctness technques. Bravo Trump keep asking the tough and essential questions that many of the whimpy Republicans and reporters dare not ask