Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

When my children were little, an elderly relative wanted us to come visit her in Sun City, AZ. She never married, had no children and was an only child. She thought a great trip would be a lengthy car ride with two kids under the age of 5 to visit the Grand canyon, Lake Meade, etc. At the time, in Sun City, only a couple of the pools were open to children at all - and then only for a limited time during the day.

I think the Morse family has done a great job with the pools and rules. If children were allowed to live in TV, I would support the wading pool idea...but they aren't. Nothing stops grandparents from blowing up an inflatable pool in their yards for the littlest ones.

Also, in addition to the comments on number of toys, etc, rubber duckies, boats, etc can take on water. That means they can provide a lovely place to grow bacteria and then introduce it into a pool.

If folks think the rules are too restrictive, mention them in your survey next year or start a petition... We have a chuckle here that my daughter who has been out in the work world for quite some time as an adult, must go to the family pool as she is only 29!

k