View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I have posted many many things on here about his background. Just off the top of my head, and NONE of this is new....all ignored by the msm, HOWEVER, these are the type of things that are the subject of much reporting on other Presidents....Bush' college years...his military service...Clinton's sex life before and after elected, BUT Obama gets a pass on all of it..

"What they portray is a Barack Obama sharply at variance with the image of the post-racial, post-ideological, bipartisan, culture-war-shunning politician familiar from current media coverage and purveyed by the Obama campaign. As details of Obama's early political career emerge into the light, his associations with such radical figures as Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, Reverend James Meeks, Bill Ayers, and Bernardine Dohrn look less like peculiar instances of personal misjudgment and more like intentional political partnerships."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/386abhgm.asp

"Now in our view, the college years shouldn't normally be used to judge a politician's fitness for office. We're not sure the transcripts of Al Gore, John Kerry and George W. Bush -- which showed them to be C students -- illuminated much for voters. The McCain campaign won't release his records, but we know he graduated at the bottom of his Naval Academy class.

But Mr. Obama is a case apart. His personal story, as told by him, made possible his rise from obscurity four years ago to possibly the White House. He doesn't have a long track record in government. We mainly have him in his own words. As any autobiographer, Mr. Obama played up certain chapters in his life -- perhaps even exaggerating his drug use in adolescence to drive home his theme of youthful alienation -- and ignored others. What's more, as acknowledged in "Dreams From My Father," Mr. Obama reconstructed conversations and gave some people pseudonyms or created "composite" characters."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122108881386721289.html

"Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to low grades initially. The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because he was concerned with urban issues. Based on his overall undergraduate GPA of less than a 3.3, Mr. Obama's admission to Harvard Law School may reflect affirmative action statutes, low grades early, then higher grades later (purely speculation) and/or other factors."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_...des_in_college

He calls Rev Wright his MENTOR of twenty years..advising him on life and religion, BUT when not politically expediant he simply throws him aside and it is accepted by the media. Remember when Romney needed to hold a press conference to discuss his Morman religion just to make the press die down somewhat ?

I am not going to go into many of the things I brought up in the campaign on here....all it got me on this particular forum was ridicule and being called racist among others.

NONE of this makes him a bad man..none of it tempts me to call him a name in order to try and be cute....however, this along with things he said during the campaign......

He will close GTMO....it is still open
He will hold an open debate and even named CSPAN as the carrier on health care..didnt even try.
He actually took the previous administration to task in great detail on the Patriot act....since when he has renewed.
He now wants to make the Republicans look like devils because they have threatened to vote against rasing the debt ceiling...would be un american, YET HE DID THAT IN 2006 !

There are more but the point to be made is this. ALL candidates go back on their word on issues once in the WH, however this man captivated you folks with his change message and this is without a doubt the single most political WH in the history of this country.

He had ZERO experience when he got elected...and with a few years in, he is getting worse. I certainly do not assume he will not be reelected...whatever it takes is his mantra !

And finally, he has botched the number of states in the union among other things and this morning on MSNBC they would not let of a Romney quote about Obama and his "peacetime" budget....THAT is an example of the media forgiving anything he does and for that reason he surely, as bad a president as he has been, as bad an administrator as he has been, as bad as a rep for our country throughout the world he still commands the front runner status.

I have no idea who will run against him....it is still so far away...but your silly name calling of anyone who may, gains nothing...it is not cute...not funny..not well thought out at all and since we all make decisions on folks who post here based on their posts it is what you want to be thought of...that is your choice !
You've actually made a pretty good case as to why this conjecture and these suspicions are not earth shatteringly important. They ALL lack substance and definitive proof of some conspiracy or whatever. Much of what you say appears to be your interpretation or at least what you tend to believe. I do appreciate your effort in delving into the subject matter. To each their own I guess.