Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
the family pools (at least the ones I've been to) have the same wide shallow steps as the adult pools - makes a great area to sit with the truly little ones. I see no need to build separate wading pools.

And really, no one seems to squawk if kids are playing responsibly with a couple of diving or floating toys. I certainly wouldn't complain unless they were annoying someone - and if they are, there's someone at the desk in the rec center to handle it if needed. I'd probably tell the kids to keep them on the other side of the pool from any little ones on the steps, if they seem to be bothered, but that's about it.

It is pretty unreasonable to expect boys above about age 5 to play with a plastic bucket (unless they're throwing it)!
Ohiogirl,

The rules are there for a reason. We really don't get to pick and choose.

Floating and diving toys are not allowed. If boys over 5 need something else to play with - when they have a whole pool to use - then maybe they shouldn't be at the pool.

k