View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Unless you have a large corner lot, will cost less to mow (or you can eliminate the grass), less in irrigation. The new CYV neighborhoods have block walls dividing the villas, so you shouldn't need to paint them. Most are, however, not as high as in some of the villa neighborhoods of at least 4-5 years ago, so a little less privacy. Previous poster is correct in that the bond is the biggest expense difference.
This brings up another question that came to my mind. If you have a CYV that is a small enclosed yard and you do away with grass are they much hotter. By being a small area with the walls can breezes get through and grass does provide a bit of a cooling effect where as cement pads and rock radiate the heat. Any one have any insight to those issues. I certainly like the lower bond possibility. Oh and this could relate to either CYV or Cottage home. Any opinions on inside vs. garage laundry area? It would seem to me doing laundry in garage could have some difficulties like needing to keep garage really clean and it being so hot out there in summer.
Suzanne