Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

That was a great post Dillywho. I reread my posts on this thread and I think I came off sounding antichild when in truth I love little ones, enjoy being with them and watching other peoples and was a kindergarten teacher for decades, my happiest job.

My point is that none of us would be disappointed so badly if we knew what to expect, the big ones and the little ones. Sometimes the rules do chafe, but when we have a LOT of company in TV such as this holiday time, than the rules are probably more closely enforced. Pool toys lying around can trip seniors, of course they would be clumsy and older than me, but they could. When we go to a family pool, we go with the expectation that it will be loud and busy and smaller humans will be making quick and unexpected movements. I see people playing a lot with kids and talking to them and carrying them. I never really saw anyone not having a good time, big or little. Grandparents were lavishing attention on their little folks and the little ones were smiling back. I know, if I had a small grandchild, I would want to get them the biggest soaker I could find and have a fleet of rubber duckies for them. I am sorry if I sounded uncaring. My college age grandchildren want to discuss political philosophy. What fun is that???

A flyer with the passes is a wonderful idea.