View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Post Sprinkler Repair - good and bad experiences

I recently had both bad and good experiences with repairs to my sprinkler system. I spotted a leak and dug up to where the leak occured, It was a "tough" repair, leaking pvc was wedged between two big tree roots, so I decided to call a professional. I used the service directory in the Daily Sun.
Called 5 people - three never called back
First one came, looked at it and said would be back later in day - never came back.
Second showed up and said he could repair now but needed a chain saw, which I would need to get - I rented one from Home Depot. He cut the roots and pipes (also wiring) and said he would be back same day. He showed up next day asking for money up front for parts. I gave hime a check and he left and didn't come back that day (Saturday) When he didn't show up Sunday as he said he would, I told him I needed my check back or I would stop payment. He gave me the cash and said he would be back by noon Monday - again didn't show up.
Called another at 1:30 pm - he showed up at 5:30 and repaired pipes, came back 8 am Tuesday and repaired wiring and checked rest of my system.
Bad guy - be very careful - was AAL Time Irrigation - his name is Ryan Sanders - I needed to make out check to him, because he didn't have a business account, although he said he was licensed and insured - I doubt if he was.
The good guys were Blue Island Construction (Scott Osteen} He actually answered his phone and repair person "Gator" was both knowedgeable and professional. At a reasonable cost. They do landscaping and lighting also - I highly recommend them.
I wish I could have found this on "talk" before I got into this situation. I looked, if it was on this site I didn't find it.
Maybe this will help someone else.

Bill Biance
Village of Santiago