Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
My point was that you were saying those things we add to our homes are not necessities and neither is a kiddie pool. But WE as homeowners can easily decide to add these non necessities while it would take a large majority of homeowners to override the current pool situation.

Maybe you could restate your point? I don't see how what we do with our homes has any baring on what the developer does with the pools.

I guess I just didn't get your point.
Russ, I think you're reading more into this than what I actually stated. However, I'll try and restate my point, but I'll be doing it without bringing in anything else that preceeded the statement you reacted to...

My main point is that "just because the family pools are fine as they are, that does not mean that there is no room for improvement."

The rest of the post was secondary and made to in effect state that a kiddies pool is no less a good thing than the bird cages, etc. What it was not was a negative against those personal items. Perhaps I could have worded this latter item better, but I guess I'm not smart enought to know how then and I still don't know how I could have made it better even now!

One final statement to all... I don't think that I generally feel any different about the family pools than most who have expressed themselves on this thread. I consider those pools to be a positive thing for everyone, even as they currently are, but they're just not for me, and that's for personal reasons only.

When I brought up the idea of kiddies pools, I was just trying to share an idea that I've seen or experienced and thought it was a positive idea that warranted my sharing. We can differ in opinion about it, but I do hope people took it for what it was intended... food for thought!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"