View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
Thanks for your input. The Bonita is one of the models I'm looking at. My only issue with it is that the 3rd bedroom which is what I'm planning on turning into my guestroom is so far from the guest bathroom. Since I will be single by the time I move down and I am a big sewer/crafter I am planning to turn the master bedroom into my sewing/craft room and bedroom 2 into my bedroom. All I will be doing in bedroom is sleeping so it seems silly to take the biggest bedroom for that and then a small one for the room I will be spending a lot of time working in. I'm a little concerned that when my 85 year old mother visits she might make a wrong turn and end up outside instead of in the bathroom in the middle of the night... For that reason I am also looking at the Cumberland, though other then bedroom layout it is really bigger than I need an of course significantly more expensive. So then I looked at the Hammock Cottage. Price is better, but I don't particularly like the kitchen layout in it and don't really want the yard work....oh heck decisions and trade offs. I am not a good decision maker and have never had to make decisions like this on my own before......
Suzanne
Suzanne there's not much difference between the master bedroom and bedroom 3. I wouldn't give up my master bedroom for a craft room because it's nice being at the end of the house. You might have trouble sleeping in bedroom 2 because of the street lights shinning in, and the early morning trash collection might bother you. I'd rather keep a guest in bedroom 2, that way they have the bathroom just outside the door.
I spend most my time in the office/craft area(also have a small TV), and it's real handy for answering the front door and running back and forth to the kitchen while checking on dinner.
The Hammock has a nice floor style, but I like mine better. I need all the additional counter space for when I bake. Plus I don't want to bother with yard work. LOL