View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAV0108 View Post
First of all, I am NOT a negative person and give people and businesses the benefit of the doubt first and foremost. I am just so tired of being raped by the medical and dental industry. So this a a rant!

Just back from the dentist. Had a bothersome toothache, nothing really painful. After waiting 1 1/2 hours to see him and I had called to make sure he was on time before I went, he said I have an infection in one of my root canals that was done about 15 to 20 years ago. It is also crowned. He wanted to schedule me for another root canal and who knows what will happen to the crown and I insisted on antibiotics first. Then they couldn't even call in the prescription because they had no phone book and they had no prescription pad so I had to go to the pharmacy and call them with the number. Do you think I need to find a new dentist? Don't bother trying Royal Dental, they had way too many patients scheduled at the same time(four). I was not worked in either, I made this appointment over two weeks ago. Pure Greed. I have had it with being controlled by doctors and dentists around The Villages. That is the biggest downside to living in a retirement community. OK, I ranted, Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.
Ahhhh! This brought back my own "rant" of 2/1/11 when I posted the following reply to someone else who asked about this office:

"My husband and I went to Royal Dental recently and left very unsatisfied. We chose this office due to it being on the list of providers on our new insurance. Dr. Gaitan was out of the office so we saw his associate, Dr. Fisher (Fischer??). He was very nice and he did a quick exam. The hygienist was another story. I can't recall her name but she is an older woman, rough around the edges, and very rough in our mouths. My gums were extremely sore for a week following the cleaning. This is the first time in my life where a cleaning did not include some scaling. I am not sure if our insurance only pays for an "economy" cleaning or if she just didn't want to bother to do it. Most of the pain we experienced came from her brutal use of the saliva "vacuum" (I don't know the proper word for this tool). It was a large, plastic tube that she kept pressed tightly against our gums....OUCH! We both spoke to her several times about the fact that she was hurting us but she didn't seem to care and justified all of our complaints with defensive remarks. We will be looking for another dentist and an office where compassion and gentleness is practiced."