View Single Post

Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Default Contractors for room additions

I have heard that T & D were pretty good as well as Gingerich Construction. My husband and I were looking for contractors to build on a Florida room and birdcage on our courtyard villa. We got estimates from White Aluminum and I think All-Around Aluminum. I would not deal with either of the later two. White Aluminum gave us an estimate, but we forgot to give them a 20% off coupon that the company mailed out to Villagers. When we called the company the person that we dealt with laugh and said "I hate those coupons"
He went on to explain that they already gave us that discount even if it did not appear on the estimate. We will never know if they actually did (I think not) The next day we received in the mail another coupon for 30% which they would not extend to us. All-Around Aluminum was really informative, but they wanted us to pay for the work in cash so there would not be any paperwork. My husband and I felt uncomfortable about that arrangement and told the person that if we didn't go with their estimate, it was because of the pay-in-cash deal. Seems like a red flag to me and probably should be investigated by the IRS. Sorry about being negative, but I don't want you to waste your time on those two companies. Good luck.