View Single Post

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What some of you have done is to make people who do not yet live here feel that there is an elevated danger in doing so. I have a new friend who I cherish very much who reads this forum and I imagine that she is wondering what she has done putting a deposit down on some crummy crime infested place.

When the reality is that this lovely place is one of the most serene places in the world to live and that the fact that we are all wiser and older and not doing anything else other than moving about here and watching things and each other makes it even safer.

You can arm yourself with a cannon if you can carry it because it is part of your constititutional rights and some of you will even if you lived in a stockade with a platoon of people protecting you because you feel the way you do, but please remember that there are real people who are getting a really bad and wrong impression about the safety of this area reading this forum. These real people who may be single, and may want the happiness we have chosen for ourselves will decide not to come here and see how comfortably safe this place is.

The Community Watch drives around the neighborhood and watches, because I get up for my night feeding and I look out the windows and I see them in their white cars driving slowly by.

As I eat my cookies and milk I watch too. There isn't anything or anybody out there hardly even a car.

Now I am thinking that many of you are posting these things about locks on your bedroom door and carrying guns because you care and feel protective of others, but some of you may have not really assessed the level of danger or safety here accurately.

Taylor, get a security system. You know the one I chose because I sent you a PM. Even if the reason that you should do so is to protect yourself from armed, angry and drunken neighbors who have gotten themselves all mad because they got scratched by your knock out roses yesterday and they are gonna get you back.

I would also like to point out that the graph that was removed included the areas outside of TV. It is hard to find a graph that includes just The Villages because we are part of three counties.

Deep breaths and common sense. Thank you grandmother, I am listening.
Gracie.... You are my hero! Well said....

I would be interested in knowing how many of the posters on TOTV actually LIVE [full or part-time] in TV??? I find it hard to believe that anyone living in TV would find it necessary to have security systems or weapons to protect themselves.

Are some of these threads started just to stir controversy ??

Don't know... just thinking.