View Single Post

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I believe Katzbox has is exactly right... You start these types of threads knowing the responses you are going to get. Everyone has an "opinion" on such topics.

Unlike you, the rest of us do not profit from readership and are not selling advertising based on number of views per month. Nor are any of us selling a book, generated form the posts of people on this forum.

Just saying... Lets keep it real here.

All forms of media, radio, television, newspapers, and discussion forums try to generate topics that will be of interest to their readers, viewers or listeners. Are you suggesting that I should not start interesting threads. Are we being demonized for trying to be successful? There is a huge gulf between interesting topics and trying to provoke people.

I wish all of our members would post threads everyday that would generate 2,000+ views in 24 hours.

I find it interesting that this topic has gone from an interesting question about the relative safety of The Villages to an indictment of my motives for daring to ask the question.

I wonder why the Sheriff's department has "crimes against seniors" division.

JLK