Thread: Fitness Centers
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 AM

I belong to the four fitness centers in The Villages. I have not compared them to other fitness centers outside of The Villages because I like having a fitness center close by and I like the fact that they are golf cart accessible. I have been told that the four are all connected and I could go to any of them. I usually go to the one in Seabreeze (even though Colony Cottage is more convenient for me) because it is a larger facility.

I just renewed my membership. The price for an individual for one year is $363.49 plus $25.44 tax for a total of $388.93. They have many other payment plans available (quarterly, monthly, daily) but this works out the cheapest for me.

Like any fitness facility, crowd levels vary depending on the month, day, time of day and how nice a day it is. Things are busier during the winter months. I imagine the facility gets very crowded in the mornings. In the mornings I understand there are often sign up sheets for popular machines and 20 minute time limits on cardio machines (e.g. treadmills). I don't go there in the morning so I really don't know.

Since I'm retired, I have the luxury of going there in the afternoon or evening. I have never encountered sign up sheets for any machines nor have I encountered time limits on any machines when I go. The crowd in the afternoon/evening varies from moderately crowded (e.g. machines you want to use are in use but its easy to work around them and just vary your routine) to only a few people in the facility. There have even been some occasions when I had the facility to myself.