View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default OMG ajdeck

So glad you are safe, sooo sad for those hit by these GIANT tornadoes...Yipsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Just an addition to the notification process.

We just got home (Mich) from Florida. We were in Ringgold, Ga in an Holiday Express when the first tornado hit. Our hotel was the only one not touched, everything within a few yards from the front of the hotel was distroyed. What helped was the notification (sirens in this case) that gave us that last few minutes to take cover.

Once over we heard horror stories of others that are just plain lucky they were not hurt due to not paying attention to the strenght of these storms. Many were in Restruants that were completely distroyed and many also needed to be unburied to get out.

Everyone, have a radio and watch the weather channel and just think any of these could be the one to hit your house. Cars within feet from ours were distroyed completely, there were only a few that had no damage and ours was one. BUT I knew the storms were coming therefore parked in a protected area away from trees, poles and protected from the direction of the storm.

Take all the precautions you can, I hope God never let's me be that close again.

aj