View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Went to Havana last night for dinner. Have waited this long to post to remove any emotion. Walked in and there was no one there to seat us. Another couple ahead of us so asked if they had been waiting long. There answer "to long" So we waited another 5 minutes and finally the hostess showed up and seated the first couple then us. Our waiter was fine. Took a while for drinks to arrive, but I guess the bar was busy. Our food did arrive, we both ordered one of their nightly specials. Very mediocre at best. I counted 22 people working there, kitchen, wait staff, hostess, etc. Almost as many people working as patrons. Workers stood around talking and not taking care of the people. That is what I learned where the hostess hung out instead of greeting new customers. Two tables near me called for the manager. One because they ordered the salad bar and no salad plates were delivered. Not sure what the issue was at the other table, but they had some problem.

I have been to restaurants where they are more diners and 1/3 the staff they have and the service and food were outstanding. Everything about the dining experience last night was below par. I personally will never go back until the owner or manager or whoever makes the decisions there is gone. They really have no clue about managing a service oriented business.