View Single Post

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Gold member
Default qualify post with $ amount

It is a great post, but I think it needs qualified by a price range. The ideal house is one that you can afford and be happy with the # of bedrooms (for you) and baths.

For instance, we have a 3 BR CYV - Bonita, which we love and would buy again in this price range (under $200,000). The small garage does not bother us because we have a small car - Honda Fit - and 2 golf carts, all of which fit ok. And - we are not garage people - to us it's just a place to put stuff, and since our stuff fits, we're fine. I can see why it would not be fine for those who are garage "putterers." We LOVE the privacy of a CYV with high villa walls and a prettily landscaped back yard. I also like the big kitchen and laundry room that holds a 2nd fridge and extra cabinets and shelving. Kind of makes up for the smaller garage.

If I had $300-400,000, right now I think resale designers with view lots (preserve or certain ponds) are a good buy. I would not want to be on a golf course because of the lack of privacy, possibility of being hit with golf balls (I'm a gardener and outside all the time) and noise of mowing early and often. Would ideally like being on a beautiful pond that overlooks a golf course.

For $200-300,000 I think I'd like a corner CYV with an expanded lanai.