View Single Post

Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodiana View Post
My sister and I visited in January 2011 but only were able to stay four nights. We were interested in coming again in June to see if we could "stand the heat" and to get to know our way around a little better. We're both still working, and our anticipated move to TV won't be for another 2-3 years, so we're limited to a time when we could both make the trip from NJ.

I entered a chat with an on-line rep on the Villages website and asked about availability for the June dates and referred to the sales rep we had in January. I was told that there is a one-time limit on the Lifestyle visit. That's it...short and not so sweet. So much for the "friendliest hometown" kind of feeling.

So I guess I have two questions. First, are there folks out there that have done the Lifestyle visit more than once? I'm sure I've read threads that stated that this was possible. We're not looking for any freebees and of course we'll be paying for our home away from home. Secondly, if it's really not possible to get a second visit, if we stayed at the hotel in Lake Sumter, how would we go about getting passes to tour open houses?
Hi Decodiana,
As Kate said, the rules often change and this might be the rule at this time.

However, there could be another reason you were not invited for another lifestyle visit. LSVs are a tool the sales agents use to help them sell new houses. If you told the agent you chatted with that you were interested in touring open houses, and were referring to resales listed by owner or MLS, the agent would have no incentive to invite you for a LSV.

There is no obligation or pressure during an LSV to buy or even look at homes for sale by The Villages. By the same token, there is no obligation by the sales staff to offer you an LSV. It's not for lack of friendliness. It's just that business is business.

If you talk with your original agent or a new one and cannot get another LSV, I'm betting you could find a five-day rental during June. Look on thevillages4rent.com.

Best wishes!