View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Decodiana,
As Kate said, the rules often change and this might be the rule at this time.

However, there could be another reason you were not invited for another lifestyle visit. LSVs are a tool the sales agents use to help them sell new houses. If you told the agent you chatted with that you were interested in touring open houses, and were referring to resales listed by owner or MLS, the agent would have no incentive to invite you for a LSV.

There is no obligation or pressure during an LSV to buy or even look at homes for sale by The Villages. By the same token, there is no obligation by the sales staff to offer you an LSV. It's not for lack of friendliness. It's just that business is business.

If you talk with your original agent or a new one and cannot get another LSV, I'm betting you could find a five-day rental during June. Look on thevillages4rent.com.

Best wishes!
I couldn't have said it better, and I agree with this post. I don't see them advertising on the golf events anymore. The truth is that word of mouth and all of us very satisfied residents are lowering their advertising budget, a good thing for the owners businesswise. Not offering a second lifestyle visit is not meant to be unfriendly I feel sure. The friendliest hometown refers to the feeling you get from the residents. I consider it lovely not to be pressured and not to be even called by the sales staff when we came on our visit. I had to call them, and they didn't even bring up buying a home. Their question was, "What would you like to see or know more about?" After we we shown the golf courses and Arnold Palmer Academy, we said....Aren't you going to show us houses for sale? And we were told, sure, if you want to see them. Even then, no request for buying. No sales pitch. They just answered our questions.

That and the fact that someone we knew for a long time who had bought here and whose judgment we trusted gave us some cold refreshing drinks and YOU, many of YOU who welcomed us, made us fall in love with this wonderful place.

The romance goes on....

They really don't need to pay for people to return for a second tour anymore.
The place and it's residents speak for itself. AND if they don't have to pay for a second tour, why would an extremely good business organization waste its money?? Not unfriendly. Savvy.

So I am saying to you, that if we were there we would love to welcome you to our home and give you something cold to drink and tell you why we love this place and hear what you like and what you are wondering about. We would like every person who is looking for a happy place to live join us here in Paradise.

Welcome!