View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal :-) View Post
We stayed years ago (8-10, not sure). Then came back again last year. We had no trouble booking the second trip last year a couple of months later. However, we were very serious about buying a new build. Unfortunately, it fell through simply because the contract terms on a new build are ridiculous and I backed out. We're still looking for pre-owned now, like so many recommend here.

The freebies have deteriorated significantly over the years. On our first stay, they had Village Dollars, essentially free money to spend anywhere in TV, and it was practically a free stay. Now it's just a few coupons. $100/nt didn't seem like a great deal to me. It's very convenient due to location and the golf car and such. But it's comparably priced to a hotel. It larger accommodations, but fewer services. A a hotel will clean, change towels, etc. everyday. I would think the would think they would make units readily available to anyone serious about buying. But I doubt they would've given me a fourth stay.
I did the LSV in January. There was a time in mid-March when I was thinking of returning........but there was no room at the inn ( LSV villas, hotels, etc.). My sales agent did bend over backwards to try to find something but it wasn't meant to be.

I am curious, Hal, what you mean by "contract terms on a new build are ridiculous". I went thru the new build experience up north 5 years ago and found restrictions...but those restrictions were fair and reasonable. It is different in TV but what do you feel is "ridiculous"?