Thread: bond loan
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
Knowing that a bond payment could be necessary I would think that an "estimated" amount for that would be used in the calculation before issuing a prequalification letter. But the bottom line is that you will be paying these amounts and you have to be comfortable with the on going payments.
Very nice, thoughtful and knowledgable post. I suspect you may have been involved in the business!

As I stated, my pre qualification amount was determined before they know if there would be any bond involvement. So the only things I can think of is that they either factored a possible bond in the determination, but don't do it transparently where I can see that they did, would or could have adjusted the amount if they later found out that there was a bond, or they could see that I was able to handle any bond with our stable income in any senario. What ever it was though, I have to believe you in that they somehow covered themselves in our ability to pay the bond... up front or in annual payments.

Anyway, I hope our discussion helps without presenting any confusion for the OP!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"