View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Doing laundry in the garage in the middle of summer is not a pleasant experience. I've been there, done that, and it's one of the reasons we sold that house and bought another.

Even if you were to not consider the unpleasant weather conditions in the garage, something else to keep in mind is you never hear the dryer buzzer. You either have to keep running out there to check, or it stops and your clothes sit there and get wrinkled.

My opinion, having had both options, is to have an inside laundry.
And my opinion is laundry in the garage - that's why we have choices so we can pick which best suits our need.
If you've ever washed a load with a piece of paper or kleenex left in the pocket, which my husband seems to love to do, you definitely appreciate the washer in the garage! You can shake the mess off the clothes and then nag him into cleaning the whole garage while he's sweeping up the mess. Hey, it works for me!!
We put in a ceiling fan above the laundry area which helps in the summer, but it really doesn't take long to get a load out and rush back indoors. Plus, you don't have the lint or the noise. I got a dryer that keeps fluffing after it dries so I don't have to be out there when it's done to prevent wrinkling.
Bottom line, it's all a matter of personal preference.