View Single Post

Old 05-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco62crawford8535 View Post
What do you guys think the future of real estate will hold?
IMHO, it ALL boils down to location, location,location...Case in point, DENVER, in the last 6 mo., is finally seeing the slowdown the rest of the country had since 2008. Our lovely central Florida THE VILLAGES is still holding it's own ..while just a few miles away ....the R.E. market is horrible. The majority of markets are flooded with foreclosures.....and that does NOT include the "Ghost Foreclosures" that are not even being listed as Foreclosures.( there are twice as many "Ghost" foreclosures than there are SFR units"booked as foreclosures). Think about it......25 percent of ALL Single Family Residential units in just Indian River County FL are VACANT... AND.....they are not even in the top 10 distressed areas in FL... No crystal ball here.......but one must be VERY CAREFUL in determining which areas are ripe for investment. Take a look around Disney..near Maingate off 192 West of I-4....Over-built beyond a five year window already. Take a look at Bobby Ginn's abandoned town of REUNION....... ( just across I-4 from the community of Championsgate where Toll Road 429 terminates).....you are greeted by a sign that says 70 percent OFF. How long will it be before we see prices like 2006...anybody's guess..My guess is ....if you want a place to live ...buy IN The Villages..at least you will likely retain value when the second wave hits. We hain't seen nuthin yet. Methinks ONLY the forthcoming Inflation could bring up R.E. prices, in most areas , in the next 5 years.

Last edited by mrfixit; 05-06-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: finish thought