View Single Post

Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I am sure you will be forgiven by Bugs, but my opinion...he has a pet name for a number of folks that he does not like or disagrees with....I suppose that is found to be cute...not by me for sure.

Example....CARIBOU BARBIE is what he calls ex Gov Palin. I suppose that is an little bit of cuteness and funnies speaking of where she was born and raised and perhaps her looks. Now....if that is just an annoyance and is not acceptable on this forum...where do we draw the line ? Take the same premise....birthplace, ethnicity, looks, etc and come up with pet names for folks that you don't like. Gee....where are we going with this.

I disagree with President Obama but NEVER EVER EVER called him a pet name....EVER even mentioned his family. Palin is not the only one that gets that treatment. He may think its is cute and funny....others also. I think it is a step in the wrong direction.

I, and I think you also, have been called a racist....haters....BUT IT IS OK to accept this kind of behavior? When did we say this was ok on here or other places. I cant even imagine me calling someone a name, cute or otherwise that dealt with place of birth, ethnicity, looks or anything like that AND FOR NO REASON can ever imagine any adult taking on the children of famous people.

Sorry...Richie...from my perspective this kind of thing is a trip down the wrong road...and is not simply an annoyance....those who feel comfortable in doing it are to me of questionable character.

Sorry for going on, but I have mentioned the little name calling before but once again we involve the children....who here would be comfortable with someone criticizing their children..no matter what they stood for politically or otherwise. To me, this is well over the line....sorry I cannot find this acceptable or simply annoying !

You know over the years I have defended this political forum when it was called rough and nasty....in here and on the general board....way back..when it started and was not private...and when it went private, I continually defended this forum. I have been here since it began, but if we now are to accept all of this name stuff and include the children now as simply annoying then perhaps my defense of this forum was way out of line !
Bucco, you need to take a Valium dude. You are taking this way too seriously. Nobody is going to make a twit's worth of difference in this thread. Nothing is going to change. No votes will change. Everyone is blowing smoke up everyone else's butts.

Now admit it, come on you know you do - you miss me don't you?

Xavier