View Single Post

Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Richie:

1) When using the term 'commandos' that pretty much leaves two options. The Army's "Delta Force" or Navy "SEALS". Do you really think it matters if someone know which patch these super-skilled people wore?

2) When releasing the videos, have you noticed something that only a few sources have mentioned? That is, it's video only, no audio. The two reports I read that mentioned that (out of dozens) specifically stated that it was so no 'code words' could be heard by terrorists out there.

3) It DOES help to destroy the "bin Laden as Saladin" imagery when you show him, not only as an old man wrapped in a blanket, but showing how he dressed himself up (dyeing his beard, etc) when preparing to make a public video.

And before you think I defend everything this administration does, I do NOT agree with not releasing the death picture. One reason we released Uday and Qusay's pictures was to show supporters AND opponents what happens to people on the wrong side of the fight. Supporters to give them strength in a fight that can seem endless at times and opponents to show them what's in store for them.

It seems it mattered to somebody as it was kept confidential for a reason, which it seems you disagree with because of your intimate knowledge of military covert affairs, but it was then leaked by our indiscreet vice-president which is a surprise to no one.

Again, I'm not talking about the stupid home videos, I'm talking about the release of information that the "commandos" found a treasure trove of documents. We don't know what bin Laden's organization knows or doesn't know of what we found. There is no good reason to tell them that I can think of.