View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Don't know for sure but it might have something to do about the gas lines running thru the attic. There have been a few fires caused by lightning strikes seperating gas lines in the attic. Have never had gas only electric. I can tell you this my electric bill is 1/2 of what I was paying up north for electric, Up north I had oil heat and hot water. Down here everything is electric and my bills are still half of what I was paying up north.
Skip,

The discontinuance of gas is not due to the fires. Running gas lines through the attic is standard code in Florida.

I was told by our sales rep that it was discontinued due to a failure to see eye-to-eye between the Morse family and the gas utility.

If you want gas for cooking, you can get LP providing your lot meets the standard for setback of the tank. This is what most folks with pools/spas do. We have LP as we wanted a gas range. I agree that the electric bills are a bargain compared with up north.