View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
By the responses I'm receiving to my post, it's apparant that people are thinking that I just copied and pasted one of the many emails I receive into my post. Well that's not the case! I really do have a friend named Skeeter that I went to high school with. He's been in an assisted living facility for nearly a few years now and his real name is Richard. I really did receive an email this morning letting me know that he is in a hospital in Troy NY and that he's not expected to make it (live) through the week. I really did receive the email from him about the man and his dog. And it really was the last email I received from him nearly two months ago!

What I didn't do is include the ending of the email that went:
"Soooo...

Sometimes, we wonder why friends keep forwarding jokes to us without writing a word. Maybe this will explain.

When you are very busy, but still want to keep in touch, guess what you do? You forward jokes.

When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep contact, you forward jokes.

When you have something to say, but don't know what, and don't know how, you forward jokes.

Also to let you know that you are still remembered, you are still important, you are still loved, you are still cared for, guess what you get? A forwarded joke.

So, next time if you get a joke, don't think that you've been sent just another forwarded joke, but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the other end of your computer wanted to send you a smile.

You are all welcome @ my water bowl anytime.
Have a great day!!!

Dick, Skeets, Richie"
Please! Need I say any more?
No. Your post says it all. A nice way to keep in touch with people you care about.

Great post and my sympathy to you on your losing a good friend.