View Single Post

Old 05-12-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vickers View Post
My wife and I are thinking about coming down for Labor Day weekend. We live in Georgia and could drive down on Thursday nite, stay Fri, Sat & Sunday and go back on Monday. Is this too short for the first visit?
Welcome from your "Alabama neighbor". Our first visit was only over a weekend as we were on the way to a meeting in Orlando. Some friends had just moved there and gave us the "cook's tour". We stayed in a nearby motel, did the trolley tour and visited the squares. WE WERE HOOKED!! There was no need to visit or look for some place to retire. If TV isn't paradise, you can darn sure see it from there.

On subsequent visits (6), after the LSP, we rented from an owner and had use of their golf cart, etc. We got the resident passes so we could experience a brief taste of what living there felt like. Plus we paid resident's rates at the championship courses. If you don't love TV, then you don't want an active lifestyle in retirement; you don't want to be around amazingly friendly people who welcome you with open arms; you don't want to live in a clean, orderly, well kept community; you don't want to experience polo (which is a real treat for us "rednecks"). Well, I could go on and on, but you can pretty much guess this Bama fan is definitely moving to TV!!!! Hopefully within a year.

So yes, 3 days will be enough to give you a good preview of "coming attractions"!!!