View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Hello Maxman,

We're from Belair in Harford County, about 35 miles northeast of you. We were also just down in TV for our first time from April 17th - 25th, they put us up in a $400K cottage just east of the LSL sales office. Came back on the auto-train, it's a nice way to go.

We listed our home with Advance Realty this past Tuesday night, they only charge 4.25% commission. The next morning at 9am, yesterday to be exact, we got a call that Long & Foster wanted to show our home at 10.

So we don't have a yard sign yet, no multi-lock and we're barely in the MLS system and the people bought our home. Cash deal, money verified and backed by Wegman's Grocery store. The new Wegman's Belair is located about 500 feet from our house and the buyers were the new Wegman's Belair assistant manager and the wife is the new Hunt Valley Wegman's manager. He'll be very close to work and she has to drive about 25 miles, but he's the one that doesn't like driving.

We just had inspection at 2pm this afternoon with them and everything went fine and they're flying back to Rochester, NY tonight.

I just got done on the phone with my sales agent at TV and we booked another LSV for June 6th, coming down for three days hopefully to put a deposit on a home. Right now, I'm thinking it's going to be a villa of some kind or a possible resale, but I definitely like the area south of 466. We've got closing on our home here June 29th, so I guess we'll become Villagers during the 4th of July.

I also play golf, I started as a teenager but then gave it up for forty years and then started back two years ago, I'm now 60. It was kind of like riding a bike, I've picked up right where I left off. I played Cane Garden when I was down there and shot an 80 from the white tees, and if I had known where everything was I could of done even better. The course wasn't too hard.
John, a huge congrats on the insanely fast sale..Your story is a dream for those of us who have their home's on the market. Please send some of your good luck vibes to Natick, MA...Our house went on the market this week and we are having our first open house this Sunday....

You will have a lot less stress during your LSV visit in June. After less than an hour on our LSV tour, we knew, without any doubt, we wanted to buy in TV - and we did.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11