View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
I'll try to clarify my question. It would be easier with a diagram. East and west traffic does not have a stop sign. North and south traffic both have stop signs. After east west traffic clears does northbound and southbound traffic take turns as with a four way stop OR does a northbound or southbound vehicle wishing to turn left wait until all opposing straight bound traffic clears? I was taught the latter.
This is what I was taught both in MI and MD....though the MI teaching took place back in the dark ages.....when you are at a stop sign and when someone else is also at a stop sign it is first come first serve. No stop sign always has right of way and when no stop sign straight through always has right of way...I'm guessing this explanation is clear as mud. Of course living in Metro DC area no one pays any attention to traffic laws anyway...it's survival of the gutsiest! Driver beware etc....I've seen people turn right across two lanes of traffic when they are in the third (middle) lane on a six lane road....