View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
It doesn't have to pass another House. This is the State Legislature, not The Federal Legislature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
But the state legislature still has a House and Senate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The CBS News article said the law may be superseded by Federal Law. It says nothing about going through further steps to become final law.

CBS is not reporting the story with much credence from what you're telling me. I always say "I don't believe the liberal media"; and here I am repeating something they reported. Serves me right if you are right.
Hi Richie,
That's not what I was trying to tell you. My point was that the CBS report to which you linked states that the Texas House passed the bill. If the Texas Senate had also already passed the bill, then the CBS report would have stated that the Texas Legislature passed the bill.

Your statement that the article "says nothing about going through further steps to become final law," is incorrect. Since the article says it only passed the Texas House, then based on the CBS article, it would still have to go through the Texas Senate and be signed by the Texas governor before it could become a law.

I didn't post this to pick on you, but to clarify a factual mistake. I would much rather that an error I make be corrected than to have other people rely on my mistaken information-- and for me to continue to be mistaken.