View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie, I think I'm one of the very few who truly feels sorry for Casey Anthony. She never wanted to have a baby. She was told she would be disowned if she had an abortion or gave the baby up for adoption. The grandparents tried to force Casey to raise her child, I guess thinking that she would ultimately bond with her child. I've seen the results of a child raised by someone who didn't want the child. The results are not pretty and usually end in child neglect and abuse.

I can easily see Casey thinking she wanted to go out but knew that her parents would have a fit if she left and would refuse to babysit Caley. So, a little bit of chloroform, some tape to keep her quiet (or maybe to keep Caley from spitting up the chloroform?) and out the door to play. I just don't see it as premeditated murder.

I think Casey saw her daughter as a doll and something to play with when it was convenient, especially if Caley would shine attention on Casey. However, when it came to be a parent and sacrifice for her child, it was not going to happen. Casey was too immature and selfish to be a parent.

As to the media, there were a lot of other stories that could have been better covered than this drek. Casey Anthony has gotten more coverage here than the death of bin Laden, the flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, the tornadoes in Alabama. The only thing that's come close in the news is Will and Kate's wedding -- something I also don't see as being that newsworthy. But Casey's coverage is just wrong!
But Red, it does seem from your posts in this thread that you have followed the detailed coverage. Am I wrong? The fact that people follow the trial and discuss it is exactly why it gets so much coverage.

I know enough about the case to know that it's tawdry and voyeuristic. I might even have a leg to stand on if I complained about the coverage because I put my money where my mouth is on stories like this. I don't read, listen to or watch them.

But if we do, can we really complain about the coverage?