View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 10:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Richie,
That's not what I was trying to tell you. My point was that the CBS report to which you linked states that the Texas House passed the bill. If the Texas Senate had also already passed the bill, then the CBS report would have stated that the Texas Legislature passed the bill.

Your statement that the article "says nothing about going through further steps to become final law," is incorrect. Since the article says it only passed the Texas House, then based on the CBS article, it would still have to go through the Texas Senate and be signed by the Texas governor before it could become a law.

I didn't post this to pick on you, but to clarify a factual mistake. I would much rather that an error I make be corrected than to have other people rely on my mistaken information-- and for me to continue to be mistaken.
Thanks P. I wasn't ticked that you sent me the information. I guess I did misinterpret the news article. But, why did the article then go straight to pointing out the possible federal laws that would be affected. It's still a poorly written article, in my opinion.

All in all, I'm still glad the Texas House passed this and there's a good chance this bill will proceed anyway. I expect this won't be the last state to do this.