View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I thought about burying a statue but didn't, but I do wear a St. Joseph's metal around my neck.

The golf course I played at TV as compared to what I'm use to here works for my game. For my size of 5'9" 153 pounds I can drive past most other players my age, about 250 on average but sometimes not so straight. On our courses I will end up in the woods on 2 or 3 holes whereas on Cane Garden it was pretty much wide open and I found I had only short irons left to most greens. The day before I played the executive Heron and shot 33, so that was a good tune-up for irons.

Right now I'm getting ready for a community yard sale tomorrow, Saturday. Also, I had good luck in that the buyers want to buy most of my furniture but I still have a lot of other stuff to sell.

I found a really nice resale yesterday online. A 2 BR 2 BA rancher, built in 2005 with volume ceilings and fully furnished, which I don't need but it's very nice furniture. The home looked immaculate and was only $159K. The only downside I could see was it was in the Village of Tall Trees near the High School. The backyard has a wall, which is good privacy, but it's against businesses on the southside of 466 and only a couple of blocks from the football field. Does anyone think this location is more problem than it's worth?
John, Congrats on your upcoming move to TV. JMHO, but I would really like to live close to shopping and restaurants -- easy access to shopping and restaurants will be something I will be looking for in a TV home. I live two blocks from one of the high schools in my town (2,500 students), and I don't find it to be a problem. Besides when I drive past the high school in the morning on my way to work I get to see how many of the students are driving nicer cars than what I drive.