Thread: cheap shots
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
K-9,

Thanks for the info. I would like to ask a question, if I may... as I respect your knowledge about our furry friends.

There are three reasons I have always been a bit skeptical of getting my pets' vaccinations other the vets: 1. because the vet will also do an exam to ensure that the pup or kitty is otherwise healthy; 2. to have an established relationship with a vet in case of illness and to remind me of the time to get the vaccines (some1 year, some 3 years) and 3. in case of an adverse reaction to the vaccine - especially in the case of small doggies.

Would really like to hear your (and any other pet owners - i.e. NO FUMAR ) thoughts on this..
Skybo has explained well the risks of vaccinations. We do not vaccinate our pets. However, we never board our dogs, don't visit dog parks, or engage in any activities where our dogs are interacting with a number of other dogs. In those cases, dogs should be vaccinated.

Last edited by K9-Lovers; 05-14-2011 at 12:01 AM.