View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Well we just got back from dinner with the kid, grandkids, and the wife's sisters, and to put it mildly, it was gut wrenching. The food and restaurant were excellent, but at the end of dinner, the tears started to flow. While their happy for us, they still don't want us to leave, so it was very emotional. Will now finish packing the car and get some sleep. We should be on the road by 3AM , and then it's nonstop to TV. The next time you here from Marybb and I, we'll officially be frogs!!
Goodbyes are so hard
When my parents moved from the Buffalo area to Sun City West, AZ decades ago, it was a different world communication wise. There were no cell phones, it was very expensive to make a 3-minute phone call on the land line (who heard the term land line in those days?)....and it was very expensive to fly from Buffalo to Phoenix. Nowadays, it's so much easier to stay in touch with loved ones. There are computer cameras and "Facetime" on the iPhone where you can see one another while talking on the iPhone. My brother (who lives in KC) will sometimes call me on the iPhone and it's not always a pretty picture at this end.......so I put the camera on the dawg! Anyway, bottom line....it's so much easier to stay in touch with loved ones these days.....and doesn't put you in the poor house to make a trip back home. So...have a safe trip to TV (and don't do it in one day...yikes!).....enjoy.....and look what you have waiting for you.