View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I followed the case before it was a case -- just a cute little girl missing, then Casey's claims, then the arrest and some of the accusations. That's probably why it sticks in my mind so much that Casey didn't want to have a baby, let alone keep it and that the grandparents didn't want to raise the baby while forcing Casey to do so. (Hope that makes sense!)

A lot of my comments are not so much about what is on the news but rather comments from friends, etc. about what is happening and my general knowledge of the law (30 years working for attorneys rubs off whether I want it to or not lol). Nowadays, I change to another news station when Casey trial news comes on unless I'm very interested in an upcoming story. So, I think I can complain about the media and it's over coverage of this case.

Heck, I'm still trying to get over the fact that Florida allows papers to publish the names of people and television to totally convict someone arrested for a crime (misdemeanor or felony), possible guilt or innocence be damned. Even OJ had a fairer trial in the news than Casey has gotten.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein