View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Sage

Drive carefully, you, two! You'll be here before the day is over....friends from Swansea use to drive here in 17 hours. Frankly, that's way too long for me, but I'm sure you both are adrenalin driven at this point...

Saying good by is very difficult. When Mike and I headed out to CA years and years ago, we, too, had the farewell dinner with family. It was very difficult to say goodbye to my parents, siblings, grandmother, but we headed west and we visited back and forth. My parents even got brave enough to drive cross country. It was one of their most favorite trips.

You'll be fine and once you get here, you'll be so busy, you'll have to remember to make a note to call your family, time will go by so quickly as you settle in. Remember, I phones, I pod touch, pads, are good for face to face conversations. Our son, who has lived fairly close to us here for the past 5 years, will be heading to the Chicago area with his family very shortly. Though they've only in the past 5 years lived close to us, I've gotten used to it and I'm the one making the fuss...lol. My new I pod arrives on Monday....the kids all have I phones or I pod touch devices...so we'll be able to see each other quite a bit.

Hurry home, drive carefully, get plenty of rest when you arrive and WELCOME HOME!!!

Last edited by pooh; 05-14-2011 at 07:33 PM.