View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM

SookyJo,

Wife and I just returned from our LPP last week!

Looks as though Indy-Guy has covered mostly everything...wish I had seen it before we went down...although I don't think it would have changed our itinerary by much. It does, however, point out that the greatest source for you are THE RESIDENTS.

We wanted to see how my wife would be in a golf cart around in regular trafic as she is a non-driver...that looks to be workable.

Also we needed to get the "lay of the land" and that was accomplished by driving the rental car all around the various communities and even outside TV.

Make sure to leave time to "schmooze" in the pool, in the square, on the golf courses, at the bar. We were able to pick up several rental ideas that we may pursue next year while waiting for the right unit. (It is our understanding that the average villager makes at least one move again after moving down to TV! We need to avoid that at all costs!)

Driving down from Spanish Springs and into the newer communities will display for you how the designing of TV has developed over the years; it was a bit of a revelation for us!

The coupon booklet you get will give you a discount at the market for your $5 map and you should have one.

Get over, by golf cart, to GarVino's with your bruschetta coupon.

Don't bring the checkbook...too dangerous. Half kidding here, however our friends did not heed this warning a bought a new construction too quickly. In hindsight they would have preferred a pre-owned in a different area with certain amenities already completed...just food for thought.

We were not back in NY a proverbial NY minute then we wanted to go back down.

That community and those people are the way the world should really be.

Good luck!