View Single Post

Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've been reading over the Golf Cart Insurance threads. My renewal from Allstate just arrived. Similar to Villages07's husband, my premium has increased from $70 to $117. I got a quote from the Broker who provides our house insurance. Foremost offers identical coverage, for a premium of $66.

The Broker is asking whether I want to add uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for an additional $35. That coverage was not suggested to me by Allstate. Do I need it?

Bare:

I have "Uninsured Motorist - Nonstacked" coverage with Progressive (sold by Villages AAA) that costs $41/yr on my recent renewal. They mention that Stacked coverage would be more. I don't understand how your golf cart uninsured motorist Ins would cover your car while your car uninsured motorist ins wouldn't cover the golf cart???

Just read the policy and it seems that the "stacked" issue comes into play when both a car and golf cart are on the same policy and both have UIM insurance coverage.

I guess that if you have separate policies for the car and golf cart you need to have UIM coverage on each policy.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)