View Single Post

Old 05-16-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Phyllis, and to all the other posts in this thread. Everyone of you have made me and my Maryb feel so welcomed to the "TV" Family". After the ride down and doing some unpacking, this is the first time I've turned the computer on, and naturally, TOTV is the first site I've been on. The trip was uneventful until we reached Jacksonville, and then it hit the fan! Other than a few traffic jams, the first 18 hours were a breeze. It started to rain at Jacksonville when we took the Rt 10 exit, and just got heavier and heavier, to the point where we could hardly see 20 ft in front of us, so we slowed to a crawl. When we reached the 301 exit, the roads were flooded and things were getting worse, if that was possible. We figured that if we made it this far, we'd just be careful, drive slow, and we'd finally be in TV. The one thing that really messed things up was Rt 301 being shut down in some small town called Lawtey, which I think is about 95 miles from TV. The police put up a detour sign that led to no where. It led us in to the woods and there wasn't another detour sign, and we decided to ignore the GPS, because it just led us in a circle back to the same roadblock. I drove down a road away from 301 for several miles, and when I found an intersection, I took a right and kept on driving, all the while ignoring the Garmin. After about 15 miles, I figured I was far enough from 301 to start following the GPS. After going through what seemed liked endless flooding, I ended up back on 301, and we were back on track to TV! We were supposed to arrive in 20 hours at 12:30 AM, and ended up getting in at 2:30. During the trip, Mary was following all your posts on her Ipad, and we can't tell you how much we looked forward to all them. Hopefully we'll get to meet all of you at the squares, the pools, Crispers, and all the other TV hotspots. And from now on, we won't have to call it TV, we can call it home, and that's really
Glad to hear you made it safely to your new home. Now take a deep breath , pinch yourself and start your new lifestyle. Wish you both the very best.