View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Saw a guy walking his dog yesterday, using the pinestraw to do his (the dog's, not the man's) business. Stopped to warn him to be careful because the pinestraw was known to have ticks. I wasn't rude, I don't think I was being arrogant, I thought I was being nice and helpful. If I had a dog that liked to go potty in an area that had ticks, I'd appreciate the warning. I might continue to let my dog use that spot, but I'd certainly be checking my dog carefully after each walk. If I thought someone was trying to help me and I thought what they were telling me was a bunch of hooey, I'd say thank you and go on my way. To say he yelled at me was putting it mildly! He was "sick of people thinking they knew better" than him. I was stunned.

I really thought it was a sad thing and felt sorry for him. Hope the rest of his day went better than that encounter; he certainly soured my day.
red

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Feel this hug.

It's easy to say to not let this ruin your day but I think I know how you feel. This sounds like something else is bothering this person and he is the type who lashes out at people.

If it were me, I try to let it roll off of of me but that's easier said than done.
I know it would bother me for a while.

Reminds me of the saying, "don't let anybody rent space in your head".