View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Default New version of Firefox

I had the same reaction to the new version of Firefox. The main problem is that the classic menu bar was missing ("File", "Edit", "Bookmark", Help", etc.). Because of that, I couldn't find many of the basic functions,- like "Print" -, that I am used to. The Firefox people, in their wisdom, hid that menu bar to save space and didn't prominently mention how to access it after the upgrade. As it turns out, all you have to do is press the <Alt> key and the classic menu bar appears at the top for you to use. It then disappears again after usage or a short time without usage. Just press the <Alt> key on your keyboard every time you need the classic menu bar which includes the "Bookmark" drop-down menu. In addition, the "Home" page icon and the "Bookmark" icon are displayed at the upper right-hand side, and there is a "Firefox" drop-down menu at the extreme upper left that contains some of the most used functions. It takes some getting used to, but I've become comfortable in a relatively short period of time once I learned where everything was.