View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanNem View Post
Take the easy way out like I did. We had our carpeting steamed cleaned by a steam cleaning co. They did all the carpeting in the house. When they saw my tile floor in the kitchen, they asked me if I would be interested in them steam cleaning the tile floor. I said "steam clean a tile floor?" He said sure....i can show you how it will turn out. So he did a small corner. The floor was beautiful...It cleaned the grout and the tile. When he got done it looked as good as the day we had it put in. Just a suggestion. We had the floor done, once a year after that.
Just a suggestion, after the grout is cleaned to your liking, seal it with grout sealer and a small brush. It helps keep it clean. I'd do it every year or two. We had quite a bit of tile in a home we had built in 1988 and the grout looked just as good as it did when it was put in 13 years earlier.

The strap-on knee pads are a great idea. I bought a set at Harbor Freight in Ocala, also available just about anywhere, and when I use them I wear sweats so that they don't pinch my skin and pull out my leg hair.

Xavier