View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Gracie, the moon IS full tonight! Perhaps that affected this guy's ability to be civil the way it can affect my ability to sleep! "Grumps" ARE here but I am happy to say that in all of the years I have lived in The Villages I have only encountered 2 or 3 of them. Whenever I HAVE run into this kind of behavior I try to imagine scenarios in my mind that might cause someone to respond in such a defensive way. Could they have just received news about a serious health problem in themselves, or in a loved one or a friend? Did they just lose a loved one or close friend? Do they live in severe pain due to health problems? Are they in the midst of a serious financial crisis? Many things can happen to folks and some people just aren't able to handle serious life events in mature ways. Some people thrive on being the "victim". I feel sorry for people who take a kind gesture of caring as an attack on their intelligence. If living in this beautiful place hasn't removed the "grumpiness" out of this guy nothing will! Author John Bradshaw wrote something to the effect, "We are all on a spaceship, hurtling through space.". Wouldn't you think that this vision would be enough to make all of us realize that we are "in this thing together"? Most of us are here to help make the other passengers' rides as comfortable and pleasant as we can, as we journey through life.
Ahhhh.....beautiful....I couldn't have said it beter myself....